Full Professor at University of Bergamo, he is Vice-chancellor for Technology Transfer, Innovation and Valorisation of Research. He is Director of CELS -Research Group on Industrial Systems Engineering, Logistics and Service Operations, former coordinator of ASAP Service Management Forum, an Italian joint industry-academic After Sales Service Management Forum, and Director of Master in Gestione della manutenzione industriale, a post-graduate Master in Industrial Asset Management. Since 2015 he is President AIDI -Italian Association of Industrial Systems Engineering Professors. He is author of 4 books and more than 150 papers, published in national and international journals or presented in conference proceedings. He is member of IFIP WG 5.7, IFAC TC 5.1 on Advanced Manufacturing Technology, member of the Technical Development Steering Committee of the Supply Chain Council.
- Fasanotti, L.; Cavalieri, S.; Dovere, E.; Gaiardelli, P.; Pereira, C. E. (2018) An artificial immune intelligent maintenance system for distributed industrial environments. Journal of Risk and Reliability, Vol. 232, issue 4, pp. 401-414 doi: 10.1177/1748006X18769208
- Rondini, A.; Pezzotta, G.; Cavalieri, S.; Ouertani, M.; Pirola, F. (2018) Standardizing delivery processes to support service transformation: A case of a multinational manufacturing firm. Computers in industry, Vol. 100, pp.115-128, DOI: 10.1016/j.compind.2018.04.010
- Cavalieri, S.; Ouertani, Z.M.; Zhibin, J.; Rondini, A. (2017) Service transformation in industrial companies. International Journal of Production Research, Taylor and Francis Ltd., ISSN: 0020-7543, DOI: 10.1080/00207543.2017.1378830, pp. 1-4.
- Resta, B.; Gaiardelli, P.; Cavalieri, S.; Dotti, S. (2017) Enhancing the Design and Management of the Product-Service System Supply Chain: An Application to the Automotive Sector. Service Science, Vol. 9 Issue 4, December 2017, pp. 302-314, doi: 10.1287/serv.2017.0193.
- Dovere, E.; Cavalieri, S.; Ierace, S. (2016) RFId systems for moveable asset management: an assessment model. International Journal of Production Research, pp. 1-14, Doi: 10.1080/00207543.2016.1207818.