Chiara graduated in Mechanical Engineering in 2014 from the University of Bergamo, with a thesis on the management of maintenance spare parts. From 2015, she is a PhD student in Engineering and Applied Sciences at the University of Bergamo. From 2014 to 2017, she participated in the research project “Smart Manufacturing 2020” funded by the Italian Technological Cluster “Fabbrica Intelligente” for the implementation of innovative solutions for traceability and data collection in manufacturing contexts. From 2014 to the present, she has collaborated with several local companies on industrial projects. Her main research interests concern Industry 4.0 and the impacts of the introduction of new technologies in operations. Her research activity focuses on the role of the operator and the new skills required in the Industry 4.0 context. Since 2014, she has been tutoring courses in “Plant Design” and “Design of production systems” for the master’s degrees in Mechanical and Management Engineering at the University of Bergamo.
- Cimini, C., Pezzotta, G., Pinto, R., & Cavalieri, S. (2018). Industry 4.0 Technologies Impacts in the Manufacturing and Supply Chain Landscape: An Overview. In International Workshop on Service Orientation in Holonic and Multi-Agent Manufacturing(pp. 109-120). Springer, Cham. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-03003-2_8
- Cimini, C., Rondini, A., Pezzotta, G. & Pinto, R. (2018), Smart manufacturing as an enabler of servitization: A framework for the business transformation towards a smart service ecosystem, Proceedings of the Summer School Francesco Turco, pp. 341-347
- Powell, D., Romero, D., Gaiardelli, P., Cimini, C., & Cavalieri, S. (2018). Towards Digital Lean Cyber-Physical Production Systems: Industry 4.0 Technologies as Enablers of Leaner Production. In I. Moon, G. M. Lee, J. Park, D. Kiritsis, & G. von Cieminski (Eds.), Advances in Production Management Systems. Smart Manufacturing for Industry 4.0, pp. 353–362, Springer International Publishing, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-99707-0_44
- Cimini, C., Pinto, R., Pezzotta, G., & Gaiardelli, P. (2017). The Transition Towards Industry 4.0: Business Opportunities and Expected Impacts for Suppliers and Manufacturers. In IFIP International Conference on Advances in Production Management Systems, pp. 119-126, Springer, Cham, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-66923-6_14
- Cimini, C., Pinto, R., & Cavalieri, S. (2017). The business transformation towards smart manufacturing: a literature overview about reference models and research agenda. IFAC-PapersOnLine, 50(1), 14952-14957, DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2017.08.2548