Description of the activities
- Plant decomposition of a wastewater treatment plant and application of FMECA analysis; provision of training days in order to promote a culture of maintenance based on the prevention of failure phenomena.
Analysis of the criticality of the components making up the various types of plant and the process that characterizes the phases of collection, distribution and purification of water in order to obtain a proper management of failures and a timely design of preventive maintenance plans. The design of activities to maintain the parts making up the various types of plant was intended to ensure high levels of reliability and quality as well as an optimization of stocks of spare materials, with adequate coordination between the plans of maintenance activities planned and the plans of supply of materials. A correct management of the spare parts had in fact as objective the minimization of the total cost of the system of the parts tied mainly to the costs of lack of production and the costs of storage.
- Reliability study of the integrated water service plants in the municipality of Bergamo. This activity is aimed at improving the conduct of maintenance activities and increasing the operational availability of the plants under analysis. Models have been developed for the management of strategic materials and spare parts for the most critical plant components. In addition to these activities, a tool for recording fault data has been designed and implemented. This tool will be of fundamental importance to engineer, on the basis of indices, the maintenance processes in order to optimize the existing maintenance policies.
- Analysis of the energy consumption of a pilot plant of the integrated water service through the implementation of an energy model able to describe the annual breakdown of electricity consumption. This study was the starting point for the identification of energy efficiency measures that have allowed a reduction in the operating consumption of the plants. The project also saw the development of energy performance indicators able to characterize the wastewater purification process and provide a tableau de bord for the management and monitoring of the individual parts that make up the plant under analysis.
- Definition, standardization and coding of equipment on wastewater treatment plants and collection of waterworks; standardization of maintenance activities and their implementation within the company’s information system. The implementation within a company IT system has allowed a more efficient management of maintenance processes and greater control of direct and indirect costs attributable to maintenance activities.
- The activity has seen the standardization of maintenance activities planned and adopted on these plants in different territorial areas. After the first phase of standardization, these maintenance activities were implemented within the company’s management system according to the criteria and methods established in order to ensure the levels of service expressed in the “Service Charter” and ensuring the quality standards set by the competent bodies. The third and final phase saw the design of a dashboard of indicators usable by the operators and the maintenance manager and structured with diversified information based on the needs of users.