Chiara Cimini is assistant professor at the Department of Management, Information and Production Engineering of the University of Bergamo. She received her Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2014 and her PhD in Engineering and Applied Sciences in 2020 from the University of Bergamo. From 2014 to 2017 she coordinated locally the partners of the research project “Smart Manufacturing 2020” funded by the Italian Technology Cluster “Intelligent Factory” and from 2018 to 2020 participated in the research activities of the Smart4CPPS project funded by the Lombardy Region. Her main research interests concern Industry 4.0 and the impact of the introduction of new technologies in operations. Her research focuses on the implications of the adoption of digital technologies in manufacturing and logistics in relation to human and organizational factors, with the aim of promoting models of human-technology integration. Since 2014 she has participated in numerous activities of technology transfer to companies on issues related to production management, optimization of logistics flows and simulation applied to industrial plants. From 2014 to 2020 she worked as tutor in the courses “Plant Design” and “Production Systems Design” for master’s degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Management at the University of Bergamo. Since 2020 she has taught in the courses of “Plant Design” and “Advanced Production Systems”. Since 2022 she has been Adjunct Professor of the “Industrial Plant Design and Simulation” course for the Master’s degree in Mechatronics and Smart Technology Engineering.
- Lagorio Alexandra, Cimini Chiara, Pinto Roberto, Cavalieri Sergio; (2023) 5G in Logistics 4.0: potential applications and challenges, 4th International Conference on Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing PROCEDIA COMPUTER SCIENCE, pp. 650 – 659, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2022.12.261
- Cimini Chiara, Lagorio Alexandra, Gaiardelli Paolo; (2022) The evolution of operators’ role in production: how Lean Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 affect Job Enlargement and Job Enrichment, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION RESEARCH, pp. 1 – 19, https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2022.2152894
- Piffari Claudia, Lagorio Alexandra, Cimini Chiara, Pinto Roberto; (2022) The role of human factors in the human-centred design of service processes: a focus on the healthcare sector, XXVII Summer School “Francesco Turco” – Industrial Systems Engineering. Proceedings…SUMMER SCHOOL FRANCESCO TURCO. PROCEEDINGS, pp. 1 – 8
- Lagorio Alexandra, Di Pasquale Valentina, Cimini Chiara, Miranda Salvatore, Pinto Roberto; (2022) Augmented Reality in Logistics 4.0: implications for the human work, 10th IFAC Conference on Manufacturing Modelling, Management and Control MIM 2022, pp. 329 – 334, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2022.09.408,
- Cimini Chiara, Lagorio Alexandra, Piffari Claudia, Galimberti Mattia, Pinto Roberto; (2022) Human Factors and Change Management: A Case Study in Logistics 4.0, Advances in Production Management Systems. Smart Manufacturing and Logistics Systems: Turning Ideas into Action., pp. 461 – 468, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-16411-8_53